Windows 10’s default dark interface is not jet black. It is a mix of black and gray, or you can call it dark gray. If you don’t like this and want a pure black color instead, the Pure Dark Theme Tool for Windows 10 software will help you.
It helps you change the color of the taskbar, notification center, Windows title bar and Windows 10 Start menu to pure black. You can rollback changes in one click, backup/restore the current theme, apply a jet-black look to the app, and more.
Windows 10 default Dark theme.
New Black interface.
Pure Dark Theme Tool for Windows 10 is a free application, you go to here > scroll to the bottom of the page to see the download link or you can download it directly from the two links below
After downloading, extract and double-click the file Pure Dark.exe to launch. The software interface includes function buttons:
– Dark Theme: You click to switch the Dark, Light interface you are using to completely black. You press OK and File Explorer will restart with the new theme.
– Dark & Light App Mode: You click to apply pure black color to UWP applications. Click again to restore to the original theme color.
– Inactive Window Color: The default color of the title bar when inactive is gray (pure black enabled), you can change it to another color using the RGB color code.
You can find the code on Google, enter the color code in the empty box and remove the # sign. You check again by opening two windows, the first A window and the next B window, the title bar of window A will have the color you selected.
– Export (Backup): Backup current theme and settings.
– Import (Restore): Restore theme theme in last backup.
– Colors: You click to access the item Colors of the Personalization in Settings.
– Background Color: You click to access the item Background of the Personalization in Settings.
– Themes: You click to access the item Themes of the Personalization in Settings.
When you want to return to the Light/Dark theme interface, press Colors to perform.